Sunday, August 7, 2011

APHG article format

So, to recap: Read these articles and Provide 1 paragraph of each:
-Summary (ZOMGBBQ SHORT)
-Analysis
-Opinion

Now, the difference between analysis and opinion:
Analysis - To break something apart to gain a better understanding. Thus, you need to look at the different important elements of the article and provide some thoughtful commentary. Example: "The fact that Zehng He was not a trader or explorer sets him apart from other historical figures. His achievements came through military action".

See how I took one part of the article and explained what its larger importance was?

Opinion- This is where you tell me your fuzzy feelings. What I don't want: I liked, disliked, etc. What I DO want: Parts you found interesting and why. Using the same example above:

"I never considered that military conquest could lead to exploration. But it makes sense now, since during this time much was unexplored."

Yes, the opinion section should be written in 1st person.

Yes, these MUST be done in your notebook. No exceptions

No comments:

Post a Comment

You must now be a registered user to post.